The Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul, Apostles, will be celebrated with a spoken Mass in the Chapel at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, June 29.
Special Presentation - On Sunday, July 1 after Mass, there will be a special presentation in the Undercroft in two parts. First, Fr. Braden and Dr. Michael Anderson will report to the congregation on the proceedings of the English District Convention held June 19-21 at Concordia Ann Arbor. Then Fr. Braden will share with the congregation pictures and scanned images of the Biblical Papryi he saw at an exhibition on June 22nd. Fr. Braden will discuss the development of Biblical Greek, and demonstrate the translation of the Papyri from a copy of the Gospel according to St. Matthew dated to the fifth century, and from "P46", dated c. 200 A.+D., a manuscript of the Epistles of St. Paul, including the Epistle to the Hebrews. Don't miss it!
The Feast of the Visititation of the Blessed Virgin Mary will be celebrated with a sung High Mass in the Church at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, July 2.
- The Zion Men's Group meets alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays twice each month. After singing Vespers in the Church, we are currently studying Chemnitz's Two Natures in Christ, a 16th century study of Christology. After our study, food and (Lutheran) beverages enhance our Gemütlichkeit.
- The Zion Women's Group meets twice a month on Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. We sing Vespers in the Chapel, and then continue in our study of the Book of Proverbs.
- Adult Catechesis is offered Thursday nights at 7:00 p.m.. At 6:30 we sing Vespers in the Church. The study following is based on C.F.W. Walther's True Visible Church, a treatise examining the Biblical doctrine of Ecclesiology, the Marks of the Church, and their manifestation in the Evangelical-Lutheran Church.
- Video of a full Sunday Mass at Zion is now available on our Youtube page - Click Here
- Join us for one of these opportunities to study the Word of God, to learn more about Christian doctrine, and to enjoy the company of the faithful!