- Lenten Midweek Mass will be celebrated at Zion every Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. and at 7:00 p.m. in the church. Lenten midweek Masses are "Low Masses", spoken Masses, with the Chief Hymn sung a capella. Sermon themes for the Lenten Midweek Masses are:
- Laetare, March 14th – “Who sinned, this man or his parents?” John 9:1-38
- Judica, March 21st – “For which of those works do you stone Me?” John 10:22-38
- Passiontide / Triduum / Easter Mass Schedule:
Sunday, March 18th – Judica, Mass at 10:00 a.m. in the Church
Wednesday, March 21st – Spoken Mass at 9:30 a.m. & 7:00 p.m., Church
Sunday, March 25th – Palmarum, Mass at 10:00 a.m. in the Church
Monday, March 26th – Holy Monday, Mass at 10:00 a.m. in the Chapel
Tuesday, March 27th – Holy Tuesday, Mass at 10:00 a.m. in the Chapel
Wednesday, March 28th – Holy Wednesday, Mass at 10:00 a.m., Chapel
Thursday, March 29th – Chrism Mass, Mass at 10:00 a.m. in the Church
Maundy Thursday, Mass at 7:00 p.m., Church
Friday, March 30th – Good Friday, Tre Ore at 12:00 noon with Holy Communion, in the Church
Stations of the Cross at 7:00 p.m. in the Church
Saturday, March 31st – Holy Saturday, silence in the Church.
Sunday, April 1st – The Great Vigil Mass, 6:30 a.m. in the Church,
Easter Breakfast follows
The Resurrection of our Lord – 10:00 a.m., Church
Monday, April 2nd – Saturday, April 7th – Daily Mass for Easter Octave
Sunday, April 8th – Quasimodogeniti, Easter I, Mass, 10:00 a.m., Church
Monday, April 9th – The Annunciation of our Lord, Transferred
Mass at 7:00 p.m. in the Church
- The Zion Men's Group meets alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays twice each month. After singing Vespers in the Church, we are currently studying Chemnitz's Two Natures in Christ, a 16th century study of Christology. After our study, food and (Lutheran) beverages enhance our Gemütlichkeit.
- The Zion Women's Group meets twice a month on Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. We sing Vespers in the Chapel, and then continue in our study of the Epistles of the Book of Proverbs.
- Adult Catechesis is offered Thursday nights at 7:00 p.m.. At 6:30 we sing Vespers in the Church. The study following is based on C.F.W. Walther's True Visible Church, a treatise examining the Biblical doctrine of Ecclesiology, the Marks of the Church, and their manifestation in the Evangelical-Lutheran Church.
- Video of a full Sunday Mass at Zion is now available on our Youtube page - Click Here
- Join us for one of these opportunities to study the Word of God, to learn more about Christian doctrine, and to enjoy the company of the faithful!